We are conveniently located in the Walmart Vision Center on Davis & 951 (Collier Blvd.)
Myopia is near-sightedness. It means that a child has difficulty seeing things at a distance (Example: Chalkboard).Early intervention is CRITICAL to managing a progressive condition such as myopia. while there is no minimum age to begin therapy, better outcomes are witnessed with early intervention. treatment slows the progression.
• Myopia can affect a child's ability to perform effectively in school.
• Myopia worsens with close work such as reading, drawing and screen time on computers, smart phones, tablets.
• Myopia worsens as children grow. Left without intervention, it can increase exponentially in teen years.
• Myopia increases the risk of serious visual complications such as retinal detachment, cataracts, macular degeneration and glaucoma in adulthood.
• Myopia is hereditary. A child with 1 near-sighted parent has 3 times the risk of developing myopia. This risk doubles to 6 times if both parents are near-sighted.
• Early and consistent therapeutic intervention is the only way to slow the progression of myopia.